The idea for East Side Muay Thai came when Kru Jose’s former employer unexpectedly closed down in late June 2015. This abrupt closure left his fight team without a gym. Deciding to act on his lifelong dream, Jose teamed up with fellow nak muay, Kimberly Higgins, to create a home for the team. Within 30 days, the team was able to resume training at their new gym: East Side Muay Thai!
What makes us different?
In addition to our very successful Muay Thai fight team, East Side Muay Thai’s specialty is the attention paid to each student. Kru Jose will follow your progress and make sure you are accomplishing your goals, whether those be weight loss, fighting in the ring, self-defense or just finding a new group to exercise and hang out with!
- Our Instructors. Hands down the best instruction in Virginia Beach and the Hampton Roads area for traditional Muay Thai. Our instructor is passionate about Muay Thai and that’s reflected in his teaching.
- Our Facility. We’ve just started and are growing rapidly! Our gym is our baby and we treat it as such.
- Our Students. Our students are awesome. No big egos, down to earth, and a strong sense of family.
- Our Schedule. We have classes 6 days a week to fit any schedule. Kru Jose is also available for privates!
- Our Policies. No tricky gimmicky salesy gym and our pricing is very affordable.
Currently, East Side has the most active (and successful) junior and adult fighters in Hampton Roads with championship titles from the World Kickboxing Association, Thai Boxing Association, International Kickboxing Federation, International Federation of Muaythai Amateur and several amateur fight productions.